Tuesday 6 January 2015

Strings ENG US.package Problem Fix!

DIALOGUE BOX TEXT PROBLEM - DEBUG CODES???


If you have seen my previous post here: Christmas Rant.

You will see that I had loads of problems with my Sims game. And yes I will continue to blog whilst I play the Sims and every bug or glitch I come across as I wasted loads of money on the game base from some store that sold it for a lot of money and you didn't even need the disks!

Having problems with your Sims 4 game with loading "Debug" screens and Annoying "Debug" well I have an easy way to fix this annoying problem without updating your game.

First remove all your "mods" to another folder you don't have too but it worked for me!
Then go into game settings on "Origin" and change the language to "American" US by clicking Application settings if you are from the UK.

Second remove your previous/old Strings ENG US.package to your desktop, because it is old.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\Strings_ENG_US.package

Then update your game!  

Nothing will work yet...it will still be debugs!

Nothing basically worked for me so follow my lead starting now.

Link:


Place this NEWER updated Strings-ENG-US.package into your client folder.

And the game should work!  And you don't have to re-install the whole "ANNOYING GAME".

(My memory seems to have become blank when I put the new file in the folder I can't remember if I updated the game again or not, so you'll have to go along with it.)

I finally fixed it but now my language is in the US.

The real fix to this was that the Strings-ENG-US.package was out of date and needed updating... to "DEC" and when the game updated from the last update not everyone's games packages updated.


I might get a surprise tonight when I return home >_>

Now later today when I put my "Mods" back into my game, if I am to come across the errors "Again" I'll know for sure that it is the "MODS" causing the problems, if not it was that that certain file needed updating but I'm positive that it is the Strings Package!

This is an easier way to update without re-installing the whole 9GB game base.

Expect more problems from the next game updates... c'mon EA book yourselves up!  Just because the Sims 4 has been classed as the worst game doesn't mean it actually is....

We know for sure that the new EXP-PAcks will make the game better as time goes on.